[Fis] Re[2]: definition(s) of disorder/chaos: an example

From: Michel Petitjean <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 08 Jun 2004 - 10:47:58 CEST

To: <fis@listas.unizar.es>
Subject: [Fis] Re[2]: definition(s) of disorder/chaos: an example

Dear Rafael,

You wrote:
> again in this case you are adding something to points, for instance colours
> and weights (mathematical and/or physical...), that is to say you are
> 'in-forming' (!) points with some kind of quality and thus producing order.

I agree that colors introduce information. So, we consider two problems:
(a) having (x1,x2,x3) and (y1,y2,y3), find a criteria to know which of
(x1,x2,x3) and (y1,y2,y3) is the more disordered ?
(b) same question, with colors attached to points: x1 and y1 are red,
x2 and y2 are green, x3 and y3 are blue ?
In both situations, the positions contain information.
I also assume that any permutation of the indices (1,2,3) define
the same input date, in both situations.
We can exhibit other types of input data: no requirement of an
universal definition of disorder is required.

Thanks to Jerry for the useful remark:
<< Chaos, a term mathematically defined only for continuous dynamic
 systemsis not related to the concept of disorder when disorder is
 defined as the negation of the order of time. >>

Michel Petitjean Email: petitjean@itodys.jussieu.fr
Editor-in-Chief of Entropy entropy@mdpi.org
ITODYS (CNRS, UMR 7086) ptitjean@ccr.jussieu.fr
1 rue Guy de la Brosse Phone: +33 (0)1 44 27 48 57
75005 Paris, France. FAX : +33 (0)1 44 27 68 14
http://www.mdpi.net http://www.mdpi.org
http://petitjeanmichel.free.fr/itoweb.petitjean.html
http://petitjeanmichel.free.fr/itoweb.petitjean.freeware.html