Re: [Fis] 2004 FIS session: concluding comments

From: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 29 Jun 2004 - 18:33:47 CEST

Dear FISers,

On Jun 25, 2004, at 6:02 AM, Pedro C. Mariju�n wrote:

> Shouldn't we devote a future fis session to these fascinating
> novelties and exploratory convergences? We could put some
> informational 'flesh' to the formalisms developed, mostly, within the
> complexity arena.

I think this is an excellent suggestion. I am personally excited and
optimistic about the power of dynamical network modeling as a way to
study complex systems, including the dramatic change in patterns of
information flow at phase transitions (e.g., the percolation point).
So count me in on such a discussion.

Regards,

Guy Hoelzer

Department of Biology