[Fis] sad news

From: Pedro C. Mariju�n <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 03 Sep 2004 - 14:44:41 CEST

Dear FIS colleagues,

In my return from vacations I have found a message with some very sad news
to report. You may have already heard from other sources that Ray Paton
passed away suddenly some weeks ago after having a heart attack. He was a
member of the FIS list (and there are some messages of him in our archive),
and had also participated in the Madrid FIS 1994 conference and in several
FIS compilations in different journals. He was a very fine
biocomputational scientist and a very good colleague. We miss a friend.