Re: [Fis] consilience of limited observers

From: Rafael Capurro <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 28 Oct 2004 - 18:08:57 CEST

Pedro,
maybe we could introduce a new term, namely "disilience" in order to make a
balance between to what was called in former times (former than Whewell)
the method of analogy (=consilience?) and the question of equivocity
(=disilience). This was the 'shock' that Foucault probably had as he read
the 'absurd' classification 'reported' by Borges. In other ways, we could
start (following Luhmann?) not with the obvious 'fact' of (partial)
consilience, but with its improbability (disilience).

Rafael