SV: SV: [Fis] Consilience: Writing on the Clouds

From: Søren Brier <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 03 Dec 2004 - 10:15:03 CET

Dear Heiner

No, I do not know Herbert Stachowiak and I could not find an English book
by him except the Unesco contribution.

To work towards consillience from a pragmatic and practical point of view is
also interesting. *What I think we have done is through theoretical analysis
to come back to pragmatism, but now in a reflected way underlining the
prerequisites for pragmatism, or rather as Peirce called pragmaticismen,
because he did not like what James did with his thoughts. He thought it was
too simplistic. Praxis, meaning and theoretical scientific reflection has to
inform each other in an ongoing process, which I guess is what you try to
make happen in different settings.

Venlig hilsen / Best wishes
Søren Brier

Copenhagen Business School , Management, Politics and Philosophy,
Bl�g�rdsgade 23B, DK-K�benhavn 2200 N.
Office-phone +45 3815 2208 Cell 28564282
Old home page with full text documents
http://www.flec.kvl.dk/personalprofile.asp?id=sbr&p=engelsk
Ed. in Chief of Cybernetics & Human Knowing : home page:
http://www.imprint-academic.com/C&HK