RE: [Fis] Economic Networks

From: Stanley N. Salthe <[email protected]>
Date: Sun 01 May 2005 - 23:32:27 CEST

Reacting to both Igor's and Loet's statements here: I note that a
'knowledge-based system' is actually more energy-intensive than a
'resource-based system'. This reflects rather directly, I think, the fact
that nervous systems, and especially brains, use much more power/mass
(energy density throughput) than any other tissues in animals. Therefore
information transactions really are superimposed upon resource utilization,
and this raises a question as to the appropriateness of a distinction
between r-based and k-based systems. All exist in the material world, and
ALL are resource based!

STAN