RE: [Fis] leteral comment

From: John Holgate <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 20 May 2005 - 06:53:50 CEST

Richard,

As your namesake's character Randy Mandy might have said about the Second Law -
"Ooh, you are awful, but I like you".

If the physicists amongst us can cobble a viable and sustainable global economy out of
entropic theory I'd like to see that - more power to their intriguing elbows.

However, it may be the 'Arrow of Information' model dominant in the social sciences -
data contextualised into information applied as knowledge and filtered into wisdom
and intelligence - (or the myriad of 'brown shoe' models outside the order/disorder paradigm) prove equally sustainable.

If all the world's entropy enthusiasts are laid end to end they may not reach finality.
Is all human thought a slave to the Second Law? C'est la question. I'm agnostic about that.

John H