Re: [Fis] nail found in Zaragoza

From: Igor Matutinovic <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 01 Jun 2005 - 16:30:26 CEST

Reply to Rafael

We both agree that value is a matter of convention. I was referring more to
its relational aspects: the book value of a firm vs. its market value, and
the intertemporal value of oil (present economic growth vs. future
socioeconomic stability). Economic science (and social sciences in general)
cannot close an eye on these problems. In that sense I do not believe that
we can or ought to develop "value free" theories. Perhaps what we can do is
to recognize and reject those idealistic theories which may be in principle
impossible or may have a high potential social cost. In any case
indeterminacy stays with us.

The best

Igor

If we see economics like this, i.e., within the horizon of indeterminacy