[Fis] sustainability

From: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 19 Jul 2005 - 11:25:37 CEST

Dear FIS community,

the most important quint-essence of the summary of the conclusions is, for me, the term "sustainability".

We obviously possess a built-in (or conditioned) expectation instinct, how long a DURATION is to be expected reasonably for the PROPERTIES COMPLEX that is presently the case. To sustain means - if I understand Igor well - that a specific state of the world remains a number of ticks t in existence, starting with now t0 and ending sometime tx, and the specific sustainability means that this tx is somewhat farther away from t0 as would be the case if there was no added sustainability.

Then, we discuss LINEARISATION OF STRUCTURED SETS. The state of the world that is to be sustained (for a shorter or longer period of time) is presently - in time t0 - in a specific state. This specific state can be described by a finite number of logical sentences (sentences assigning symbols to subsets). (The restriction "finite" comes, among others, from the first law of thermodynamics, namely, that energy does not get lost, that is, that we discuss a finite amount of matter+energy.)
A finite set on which a collection of logical sentences generates substes is a multidimensional partition, and the partitions structure the set. Therefore we have in the concept of that, which is to be sustained, a STRUCTURED SET.

As to the duration of a specific state, it is now to show that the concept of duration, and therefore time, is rooted in a linear concept of neighbourhoods. If the measurement mathes the elements to be measured to N, we have a linear measurement. With time, this is obviously the case.

Then, what Igor has summarised under the FIS central concept of "sustainability", is called in technical terms LINEARISATION OF STRUCTURED SETS.

Hope to have rooted the sociological, economical, etc. terms into logic and transpersonal system of meanings.

Karl