Re: [Fis] Re: What is the definition of information ?

From: Shu-Kun Lin <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 30 Aug 2005 - 15:45:14 CEST

My humble definition: Information is the amount of data compressed.
The concept of information can also be clarified by checking its
connection with other concepts, like entropy, symmetry, distinguishability,
etc. There are several related papers presented at FIS2005 in Paris,
see http://www.mdpi.net/fis2005/proceedings.html. I am glad to see
this progress and increase in the interest in the clarification of
this most important concept. Cheers!

Best regards,
Shu-Kun