RE: [Fis] Re: What is the definition of information ?

From: Loet Leydesdorff <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 31 Aug 2005 - 10:21:21 CEST

Dear colleagues,

It seems important to distinguish between the expected information content
of a distribution (uncertainty) and meaningful information. The information
can be provided with meaning only by a system which has specific
characteristics and with reference to that system.

With kind regards,

Loet

Loet Leydesdorff
Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam
Tel.: +31-20- 525 6598; fax: +31-20- 525 3681
[email protected] ; http://www.leydesdorff.net/