Re: [Fis] Re: What is the definition of information ? (fis teamworkship!)

From: Pedro Marijuan <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 06 Sep 2005 - 14:27:43 CEST

Dear Hans and colleagues,

I quite agree with the suggestion. Actually it dovetails with previous
comments by Michel's, Soeren's and other parties. Maybe this advocacy on
dedicated teamworkship is a sign of maturity in our common enterprise...

In practical matters, let me suggest that you three (and a few others)
could have some private exchanges on how to organize the task, at least
during some initial steps. Also, given that during the Paris conference
there were informal conversations among some parties on launching a
"natural computer science" team (and some other party was trying to promote
a "sustainable development" team too), there seems to be the need to create
a new platform, sort of a web log, to collectively lodge these potential
projects. In a few weeks, the institute I am currently working in (I3A),
will offer us one log platform for housing these tentative teams (at no
cost). So, the present discussion list and the existing web pages, could
have a nice and scholarly complement.

Starting dedicated teamworkship, in whatever areas, may bring substantial
advantages, if properly organized. Recently I have read about the need of
three kinds of scientists: explorers, organizers, and administrators
(institutionalists). Definitely, our band of "lonely explorers" has now
crossed some threshold and needs some starting into those organization and
institutionalization dimensions.

all the best

Pedro