Re: [FIS] Re: What is information?

From: John Collier <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 27 Sep 2005 - 12:38:00 CEST
Folks:

I hate to keep harping on this, but ...

I basically agree with Kevin here (note that as with Lazlo's submission, I am trying to find commonalities rather than emphasize more arcane distinctions). I think the discussion is going in a very useful direction, at the proper level of generality to get more towards a general notion of information that is useful in science. Some comments.