[Fis] "The fiction of function".

From: Jerry LR Chandler <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 07 Oct 2005 - 07:00:27 CEST

Dear Igor:

The assertions in your post are very, very provocative.

Science and information theory have generated a number of symbol
systems in order to facilitate human communication.

At times, one symbol system expresses certain concepts more
efficiently than others. No one symbol system can be shown to be
superior to all others for all circumstances. The symbol system of
chemistry expresses empirical observations.

One must be aware that the objects of biology - the cellular parts
and pieces, exist. Living systems are composed from chemical
entities, not physical theories.

By exist, I mean an intimate association between the concept of
existence, the concept of properties and the concept of name. For
every chemical entity, the concept of existence is necessary in order
to assign properties. The assignment of a name depends on a logic
proof of the associations as exhibited by the properties. Chemical
proof theory is an exact accounting of positions of electrical
particles and a consistent grammar of composition.