[Fis] Re: Quantum information

From: Michel Petitjean <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 07 Oct 2005 - 16:55:56 CEST

To: <fis@listas.unizar.es>
Subject: [Fis] Re: Quantum information

Nice article indeed.
About the definition of information, Herve Poirier notices:
<< Difficult to precisely define the word "information" because,
as the word "letter", it refers both to the message to be communicated
and to the symbols used to write it. >>
There is much more to read in the article, and I cannot summarize.
I guess that the readers will enjoy to read it, just as me.

Hans <hcvonb@wm.edu> wrote:
> There is a nice cover article on quantum information in the popular =
> science magazine SCIENCE ET VIE (#1057, October 2005). Its author, =
> Herve Poirier, attended part of the FIS Paris conference.=20
>
> The first part is entitled, in French: At the limits of matter, reality =
> is no longer a given. The second part is entitled: What if everything =
> were nothing but information?
>
> The article nicely summarizes and compares the suggestions of half a =
> dozen young scholars who are taking a fresh, new look at the meaning of =
> quantum mechanics from the point of view of information science.
>
> It's a long way from here to biological information, but every journey =
> starts with the first step!
>
> Hans Christian von Baeyer

Michel Petitjean, Email: petitjean@itodys.jussieu.fr
ITODYS (CNRS, UMR 7086) ptitjean@ccr.jussieu.fr
1 rue Guy de la Brosse Phone: +33 (0)1 44 27 48 57
75005 Paris, France. FAX : +33 (0)1 44 27 68 14
http://petitjeanmichel.free.fr/itoweb.petitjean.html