Re: [Fis] Re: What is information ?

From: Heiner Benking <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 11 Oct 2005 - 13:41:16 CEST

Dear Pedro
I do not want to correct you when you cite McLuhan:
The Medium is the Massage - not the Message !!

But I feel it might be a good point to enter again something we discussed on
EDIFYING PHILOSOPHY and CREATIVITY (German Philosophy Kongress last week in
Berlin).

as an asside
We invited with Franz Nahrada (VIENNA) Corrine McLuhan to Berlin, Wrote an
Essay on the LADY behind the Gutenberg Galaxis, visited often Toronto and
the CoachHouse, McLuhans are neighbours of Anatol Rappaport, so I feel what
I learned from Eric McLuhan and others around the Toronto circle is very
trustable:

Originally Mc Luhan wrote: THE MEDIUM IS THE MASSAGE

and so we are very close to EMBODYMENT and TACID METAPHORS and including the
CONTEXT: remember, we called it concepts and context mapping in `96.
http://www.ceptualinstitute.com/genre/benking/term/terminology.htm
benking.de/TKE-99.html

We presently prepare the ICSU CODATA recommendation for WSIS
the TOPIS was FUTURE OF MULTI_MEDIA.
maybe you enjoy these links as they show that we can use tangible models
instead of empty "systems" metaphors. This leads back to the Origins of the
GENERAL MODEL THEORY (Stachowiak 1965) you find references when following
the links.
http://www.codata-germany.org/MIST_2005/index.html
http://benking.de/systems/codata/CODATA-MIST2005.htm
http://benking.de/systems/codata/CODATA-MIST2005-ppt_files/v3_document.htm

I really enjoy the latest contribution on "what is Information" !
about boundary crossing, emtyness and fullness
container vs topology as metaphors for space, we are presntly deep in SPACE
with the AKADEMY der K�NSTE in Berlin. maybe some of you can visit at least
the programme:
or what I mean by spacial since 1988:
http://benking.de/Global-Change/global-change-1988.html
http://www.ceptualinstitute.com/genre/benking/aa/acc&assim.htm
benking.de/Global-Change/spatial-spacial.html

and how it might help us to be more tangible, tacid and EDIFYING in the
sense or Richard Rorty.

Best

Heiner

--
NEU: Telefon-Flatrate f�rs dt. Festnetz! GMX Phone_Flat: 9,99 Euro/Mon.*
F�r DSL-Nutzer. Ohne Providerwechsel! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/telefonie