Re: [Fis] Re: What is information ?

From: Heiner Benking <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 19 Oct 2005 - 12:56:57 CEST

Dear Jamie
yes - but massage is also in a broader sense manipulation - making a
"gestalt" or structure change - sometimes / often to the better.

You can consult Eric McLuhan - Marshall agreed with the word "message" but
the original and deep meaning is alos that media are canging us.
                                   (at least to me)

Heiner

--
PLEASE REPLY TO:     heiner.benking@open-forum.de
Heiner Benking
News::
http://www.pnyv.org/index.php?id=34&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=52&tx_ttnews[backPid]=8&cHash=df7f858f08
* konitives PANORAMA und "NEW WORK" (j.w.d. in Brandenburg)
http://benking.de/new-work/kognitives-panorama-newwork.htm
* ICSU CODATA -  for WSIS  INFORMATION SUMMIT input:
http://benking.de/systems/codata/
NEW: http://seeds-of-change.de.vu
WIKI: LongVersion (partially German):
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Benking
WIKI ENGLISH:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Benking/English
DIALOGUE: http://coforum.de/index.php4?OpenForum
WHAT IS HOT? VIDEO CONFERENCE : EDUCATION Oct. 13th:
TORONTO_BERLIN - http://www.ihtec.org/index.php?id=202
http://www.cafeweltgeist.org/ewoc_slideshows/benking/sld001.htm
http://open-forum.de/re-invent-democracy.html
FOOTNOTE, RECOMMENDATION & PPS:
I recommend the following journal, book, and powerpoints:
WORLD FUTURES: Dialogue & Decision Culture:
http://benking.de/Dialogue_and_DecisionCulture.html
"MATTERS OF CONSEQUENCES".
Please also see the footnote,
which makes obvious that we
all work on many sit(d)es with different "hats",
see from different levels with different angles
and realize that living things are hard to "lable",
that we should be "out of the box" working in many
sectors -
on many levels and in different "frames of reality".
ENJOY ! http://mattersofconsequence.com/
http://mattersofconsequence.com/MOCfig2.html
"There is no more delicate matter to take in hand,
no more dangerous to conduct, no more doubtful of success,
than to step up as a leader in the introduction of change.
For he who innovates will have for his enemies
all those who are well off under the existing order of
things,
and only lukewarm support in those
who might be better off under the new".
                             Guess who wrote this... (N.M.)
My particular concern is the reception of change
in our genuine thinking and reasoning;
something Bertrand Russel might have called
in "Man's Peril" <newthink> and what we
addressed in "Is Humanity destined to self-destruct":
http://benking.de/caldwell.html
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX superg�nstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate f�r nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl