[Fis] the information synthesis?

From: Pedro Marijuan <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 21 Oct 2005 - 11:50:58 CEST

FIS folks,

As a matter of fact we have had a very interesting time during this post
vacational series of exchanges. Personally, I find that a consistent work
program, the beginning of a new info synthesis, is looming --particularly
on how to cross the informational divide between the animate and the
inanimate. It will be funny --and quite possible-- that finally the new
quantum information approaches and the bioinspired informational ideas will
meet each other in a coherent scheme, quite beneficial for the intellectual
health of several other scientific disciplines.

Being more conversant with the bio camp, the elementary scheme I have found
quite susceptible of development starts with molecular recognition,
informational architectures of the cell, biosystems and biofunctions, cell
cycle and checkpoints, cellular "meaning"... then through several neuronal
stages, e.g., "cognits" and a "neuromotor approach to meaning" (as I
hurriedly tried to present in the Paris meeting) up to... the human life
cycle, where we may connect with social and economic approaches to
information (eg, ecological economics).

We could greatly benefit from several future focused-discussions: on
quantum information, on information ethics, on origins of nervous systems,
on the motor-perceptual cycle, on natural computer science... and
particularly we would mostly benefit from a next fis conference (or fis
"seminar") both to draw a collective work program and an efficient
organization, financial aspects included. Yes it is an Autumnal dream!

best regards

Pedro C. Marijuán
Institute of Engineering Research of Aragon (I3A)
Maria de Luna, 3. CPS, Univ. of Zaragoza
50018 Zaragoza, Spain
TEL. (34) 976 762761 and 762707, FAX (34) 976 762043
email: marijuan@unizar.es