Re: [Fis] quantum & bionetworks

From: Pedro Marijuan <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 16 Dec 2005 - 10:34:46 CET

Dear Bob,

Many thanks for the nice comments and the personal encouragement. Perhaps
we are in the middle of turbulent era in crucial branches of science, so
that a replacement or alternative metaphysics as you mention looks a timely
task, at least with some higher probabilities to get a modicum attention.
Besides ecology, which I think will get increasing "ascendancy" due to the
daunting ecological crisis, the neurosciences (the inner life of the
person) and the very subject we are discussing these days (biomolecular
networks, the molecular intelligence of life), should strategically
contribute to advance new visions, values, attitudes, etc., into the roots
of the way of thinking behind science. At least, it is not accidental that
in a number of paragraphs of recent exchanges, one can appreciate the
surfacing of metaphysical motives. Hopefully, the next session on ethics
and information will provide further opportunities to get deeper into the
subject.

best regards

Pedro