Re: [Fis] defining information

From: Gordana Dodig-Crnkovic <[email protected]>
Date: Sun 08 Jan 2006 - 22:03:30 CET

 Dear Vladimir, dear FIS colleagues,

Vladimir says:
>so I am inclined to define "information" in algorithmic terms.
> maybe something like *
> "the entity that a turing machine sequentially manipulates"**.*

The suggested identity of computation and Turing machine sounds to me as
unjustifiable simplification,
if what we think by "computation" is allowed to encompass natural
computation.

Please have a look at the following book by Hava Siegelmann:
Neural Networks and Analog Computation: Beyond the Turing Limit
http://www.cs.umass.edu/%7Ehava/advertisement.html

Also a very instructive is book by Mark Burgin:
Super-Recursive Algorithms
http://www.springer.com/sgw/cda/frontpage/0,,4-148-22-17628293-0,00.html

With best wishes,
Gordana