Re: [Fis] Robert Rosen's modeling paradigm

From: Igor Rojdestvenski <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 25 Jan 2006 - 10:57:51 CET

I would make a reference to von Neumann's paradox, which states that a mechanism cannot produce a mechanism more complex than the "parent".
I myslef interpret Rosen's distinction "upside-down". We call the systems which are capable of self-repair and self-reproduction living systems, no matter of their origin. In this sense A-life systems are living systems. The ones deprived of these properties we call machines.

 Igor