Re: [Fis] Re: fis Digest, Vol 490, Issue 2

From: James N Rose <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 08 Feb 2006 - 16:38:09 CET

Igor,

Your witty sarcasm is probably closer to the
way-of-things than you would be comfortrable
admitting.

Meaning is not 'created whole-cloth' .. but it
-is- an emergent -- in that it arises when one
system or tier encounters and coordinates information
with itself and environs.

But more explicitly, 'meaning' is -extracted from-
information potentia .. which is or has-been made
.. utile for another system or systemic adjunct .

Meaning arises in situations of purposeful APPLICATION.
And -that- does not require ... 'mind'.

If you want to restrict the definiiton of 'meaning'
to human pertinence only, then of course 'mind' would
be a present component and a likely 'requisite', but,
in generalist standing, 'mind' is not required for
'meaning'.

Jamie Rose
Ceptual Institute