Re: [Fis] Re: fis Digest, Vol 490, Issue 2

From: Jim Cogswell <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 10 Feb 2006 - 14:24:21 CET

Dear Colleagues,
With some trepidation I enter this discussion to let you know that in
the realm of the arts this discussion of meaning is of intense
interest. In fact, I have done several recent pieces built around
these questions, although not at all in a discursive or openly
didactic way. I am sending as attachments some jpeg images of one
recent work, titled A BAD IDEA. One of the images contains a
statement concerning the piece. They might appear as thumbnails on
your screen right now, but I believe that they will be more optimally
viewable by opening the attached files themselves. I hope that the
images and statement will at least give you a hint of the
implications of your discussion in my field.

Cordially,

Jim Cogswell

On Feb 10, 2006, at 7:55 AM, Pedro Marijuan wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> What is the meaning of "music"?

Jim Cogswell
Professor, School of Art & Design, University of Michigan
2000 Bonisteel Boulevard, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2069
Phone: (734) 764-0397
mailto:jcogs@umich.edu
http://www.art-design.umich.edu/faculty/cogswell/
http://www.umich.edu/~jcogs