Re: [Fis] art and meaning

From: Lauri Grohn <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 15 Feb 2006 - 18:25:30 CET

At 14:58 15.2.2006, Pedro Marijuan wrote:

"Why do human individuals need arts at all? "To
obtain meaning" (to access varieties of meaning
scarcely present in ordinary life) would be the
most economic response. By fabricating artificial
soundscapes or visual landscapes we enact
intellectual episodes of remarkable gratification
--for producers and consumers of art-- implying
thus a new source of "value" and "fitness" within social groups."

My explanation: Arts are technologies of ethics.

This picture perharps explains a little bit more, I hope:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/lauri.grohn/yk/text/typology.html

Regards,

Lauri Gr�hn
metacomposer