Re: [Fis] art and meaning

From: Pedro Marijuan <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 17 Feb 2006 - 11:34:50 CET

Dear FISers,

Given that in around a couple of weeks we should start a session on
"INFORMATION & ETHICS" chaired by Rafael Capuurro and Michael Nagenborg,
let me suggest that we not go too deep in the connection between meaning,
art, and ethics ---which I consider fascinating, with all its social and
evolutionary connotations.

So I bite my tongue to not comment on Lauri's, Pavel's & Gordana's...
indeed the encapsulation that "Arts are technologies of ethics" motivates a
lot of discussions.

Particular thanks are due to Jim for his factual artistic "meanings".

best regards