Re: Fw: [Fis] art and meaning

From: Pavel Luksha <[email protected]>
Date: Sun 19 Feb 2006 - 14:34:22 CET

Dear Soeren and Loet,

it stroke my mind that the meaning could be something that avoids being
measured. It is the same problem that we have with science itself: the more
we try to describe world in rigid terms, the more of the real world slips
through these terms. Since we humans as cognitive subjects have both verbal
and non-verbal cognition, rational and irrational cognitive dimension, we
only capture part of the picture. New narratives are created, but meaning of
original narratives, or objects from which they originate, is never fully
explained.

Is this a methodological cul-de-sac?

Pavel