Re: [Fis] ON INFORMATION ETHICS

From: Rafael Capurro <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 07 Mar 2006 - 20:01:25 CET

Dear Pedro,

very shortly. I very much agree with your evolutionary views.
The only point of disagreement concerns the use of the word "bios" instead
of "zoe" in the case of "proto-groups," if we agree that "zoe" is related to
the biological (!) level. This is probably the reason for the
misunderstanding. Biology is the wrong word for "zoology." I do not know who
created these words and why the original concept of "bios" was "zoologized"!
Second remark: at the moment when a human population starts making (oral)
reflections on who has the power to disseminate (accept, deny...) messages
we have to do with a human (information) society. I do not know if this is
strictly speaking "a moment" in the history of mankind and I do not know how
this informational 'effect' came about. What we call (moral) information
rules started then. Ethics came (probably) later, and much later, of course,
if we conceive it as "science of morals."

kind regards

Rafael

Prof. Dr. Rafael Capurro
Hochschule der Medien (HdM) University of Applied Sciences, Wolframstr. 32,
70191 Stuttgart, Germany
Private: Redtenbacherstr. 9, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
E-Mail: rafael@capurro.de; capurro@hdm-stuttgart.de
Voice Stuttgart: + 49 - 711 - 25706 - 182
Voice private: + 49 - 721 - 98 22 9 - 22 (Fax: -21)
Homepage: www.capurro.de
Homepage ICIE: http://icie.zkm.de
Homepage IRIE: http://www.i-r-i-e.net