Re: [Fis] ON INFORMATION ETHICS

From: Pedro Marijuan <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 09 Mar 2006 - 15:28:40 CET

Dear Rafael and colleages,

Thanks for the sympathetic response concerning the evolutionary views on
ethics (see below). You are right about my mistake between the "zoe" and
the "bios" (quite tricky that historical zoologization of the "bios"
concept!). Let me go one step beyond in the evolutionary-informational
direction: if we consider the advancement of the life cycle as the "primum
mobile" behind the whole communication processes of the individual (say,
the cell cycle as I tried to schematize in the past discussion concerning
the biomolecular realm), then both the "zoe" and the "bios" get united in
their tentative maximization of fitness for the individual. More
concretely, behind our conceptualizations (in "ethics"), there is the
generative reality of the human life cycle in a socially complex dimension,
realizing that a considerable portion of our own fitness rests upon the
global fitness of a collectivity which is organized far away from our
instinctive "zoe". The historical alienation of emotions, feelings, and
ethics itself out from the scientific realm has been a conceptual
mirage---presumably there would be neat scientific-philosophical
foundations for "information ethics".

would you agree with those rushed opinions?

Pedro

PS. I will respond to Richard later on, as my two cents for the week are
depleted and his comment (and Marcin's) are quite strategic on fis futures.