[Fis] � THOUGHT(s) inspired by the 25th Anniversary of IFSR * (1)

From: elohimjl <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 13 Apr 2006 - 14:05:17 CEST

I apologize in advance for possible duplication of this message

*International Federation for Systems Research

I encourage myself to notice, read and try to comprehend, through
information diffused by various means, some more of the shocking
events happening everyday all over the world. Perhaps I am too much
afraid of what has been the routine during centuries, as I am getting
older every day. Anyhow, I dare to consider these events the
manifestation of the worst crisis ever faced by humankind, though
most people do not recognize it under the assumption that every
person may individually organize his/her survival on his/her own
whatever could be the social, economic, cultural circumstances or
difficulties. I wish, I might be optimist enough or at least to
believe that sooner or later every trouble will disappear assuming
that somebody, somewhere is taking care of the human world. Instead I
remain worried day after day searching hopeless to get a holistic
appraisal of the whole human affair, which I dare to believe is
indispensable to identify how I might contribute consistently to
overcome critical happenings and contingencies. Illusory perhaps, but
I can neither prove myself whether it is a wrong or a right
assumption. In addition, though pretty soon I realize that my
attempts to get a holistic appraisal of this crisis are quite
restricted by my personal possibilities, my thinking remains every
day increasingly disrupted after realizing that our magnificent
civilization has been always a growing fallacy.

Certainly, it could not be denied the evidence of the enormous
potentiality of human capabilities - intellectual and manual work -
shown along around six millennia. Therefore, while trying to
comprehend how could come into being the global tragedy that faces
humankind at present, it becomes evidently and even urgently
necessary to identify its causes as the perspective for Homo sapiens
sapiens in the very near future appears to be rather catastrophic. It
is also indispensable to recognize that the situation of humankind in
the year 2006 is the culmination of a contradictory trajectory.

When became contradictory the human perspective?

The problem that faces today the human species is not in fact a
recent difficulty as it has been registered in the history of various
societies during the last six millennia that one or another HOLOCAUST
would happen due to the inconsistent performance of humans.
Historically, the assumed most advanced societies learnt soon to make
increasingly feasible the utilitarian opportunism inherent to human
thinking in order to take unilateral advantage of everything
perceived in the terrestrial surroundings. In comparison to actions
carried out for exploiting the terrestrial circumstances very, very
few attempts have been successfully accomplished about the commitment
of humans learning to recognize their individual and collective
duties on Earth. Instead we have been always very busy fighting for
our rights, including those that may allow a person individually to
perform idiotically, hypocritically, cynically,... till learning to
behave continuously sarcastically as most living souls placed in
powerful positions learn quite easily to develop.

How could this distorted conduct of humans institutionalized?

We have learnt that our intelligence arose from evolutionary forces.

Should we assume that something seriously wrong happened ?

It has just happened that our magnificent (?) civilization(s)
has(have) evolved in accordance with the interests, requirements and
wishes of the enlightened members of numerous "high" societies
constituted everywhere.

Based on some archeological and historical evidences it is relatively
well known that most humans everywhere have been employed exclusively
as human resources (slaves, serfs, soldiers, lackeys, servants,
workers, employees, artists, scientists, teachers,...) needed for
maintaining the dynamics of one or another of the numerous "high"
societies constituted. Our "grandiose" civilizing efforts have been
organized during relatively recent millennia, when some leaders
encouraged people to recognize as a feasible perspective to settle
down here or there. Through the interpretation of archeological
findings and relatively biased arguments written as historical
accounts and documents, it is evidently undeniable that billions of
people have played the role of human resources employed for creating
and maintaining facilities that presumably will enjoy privileged
human specimens.

Meanwhile every "high" society is constituted and maintained by real
parasites who accumulate money, properties and power for the sake of
massive augmentation by means of colonization, terrorism, war, unjust
trade, apartheid, corruption, state robbery, exhaustive
exploitation...

What has become increasingly evident is the cynical performance of
one or another of these abhorrent societies, managed by decision
makers engaged in modernizing systematically selfish procedures with
the work carried out by scientists, technologists, engineers,
artists, educators, in order to make more productive, efficient,
effective,... their civilizing concerns.

Meanwhile among the masses (billions today) what increases is
unemployment, poverty, misery, hunger, starvation, criminality,
disease,... and also opportunistic attempts for making monetary
profits whatever the means.

It appears today rather impossible to stop the arrival of
apocalyptical events generated by the narrow minded and shortsighted
decision making that has prevailed during the last centuries,
cynically supported today by the increasing opportunism of most
governments and comprise the United Nations Organization.

However tragic the perspective I still dare to imagine that the
scientific community may wake up and save Homo sapiens sapiens from
being extinct.

(It will continue)

personal appraisal of elohimjl
Vicepresident of Bertalanffy Center for the study of systems sciences