Re: Fw: [Fis] The Identity of Ethics

From: Viktoras Didziulis <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 21 Apr 2006 - 12:23:38 CEST

 Dear all,

Can't we just consider ethics as a glue of the society as a system. If to
look for an analogue in non-social domains, then any action from inside or
outside the system disrupting the system is "unethical" from perspective of
that very system. Thus eating proteins is "unethical" from perspective of
proteins, because its an end to their existence :-). Behaviour of cancer
cells might be conisdered unethical from a viewpoint of an entire organism.
In a same way criminal or unethical behavior of members in our societies
lead to social, economical and psychological problems like insecure or
unsafe environment, distrust leading to disintegration of social bonds, etc.
As a system, society has means (analog to immune system) to get rid of an
unethical" elements by isolating or disintegrating them - which may seem
unethical" from a standpoint of those elements... Still, when "unethical"
elements start to prevail, society either changes to some other form of
existence (history, history!..), or disintegrates and then bond again to a
new form/structure of society, because elements may not be able to exist if
they are not parts of something ensuring the quality of their existence...

Best wishes
Viktoras