Re: [Fis] The Identity of Ethics

From: James Johnson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 03 May 2006 - 12:26:03 CEST

Dear Pedro,

I am very interested in Michael Leyton's
argument of the relationship between ethics
and integrity.

I would like to ask him the following question:
I have read his analysis of what he calls
"The History Ethic" in his book Symmetry,
Causality, Mind. Here is a direct quotation
from the book:

HISTORY ETHIC (Leyton, 1992):
The history ethic is the committment to revealing,
to the fullest, the history of an entity - a person, a
culture, the animate and inanimate environment,
oneself - and to interact with the entity by virtue
of its fullest history.

I would like to ask him to explain the relationship
between integrity and his history ethic.

best,
James Johnson