Re: [Fis] QUANTUM INFORMATION

From: Stanley N. Salthe <[email protected]>
Date: Sat 03 Jun 2006 - 18:50:34 CEST

Ted said:

> Any number of such ontological layers are possible and I suppose as
>system scale increases (physical, chemical, biological and so on...) new
>ones are added, possibly with constant semantic distance.

As a reminder of the complexities here, note that going from physical ->
chemical -> biological is going BOTH up AND down in scale. (The physical
is both the biggest and the smallest.) This is important because QM could
be said to be a science of contextuality that might be parlayed to subjects
at any scale. The sequence is an increase in intensional complexity, not
in extensivity. It is a focusing in on the mesoscopic scales.