[Fis] Last remark o n Bell�s theo rem and nonlocality

From: Andrei Khrennikov <[email protected]>
Date: Mon 05 Jun 2006 - 15:27:01 CEST

        Hello,

These days we have in Vaxjo the conference \"Foundations of Probability
and Physics-4\", see http://www.vxu.se/msi/aktuellt/konferens/index.xml
There were many talks and discussions including experimenters from
leading labs in quantum information.

I would like again to remark that ideas that there was something
DEFINITELY experimentally proved on the basis of Bell�s inequality are
very naive. After 40 years of attempts to perform an experiment in that
two conditions would be satisfied:

a) Locality -- space separation;
b) Efficiency of detectors (or more general fair sampling assumption)

one should recognize that nobody knows how to perform such an experiment.

Therefore I would not pay so much attention to Bell\'s inequality. I am
afraid that some expectations were interpreted too seriously.

First we should perform an experiment, and then speak about nonlocality.
My conjecture is that an experiment combining both a and b would be
never performed. These conditions are a kind of uncertainty relations.

With Best Regards,

Andrei Khrennikov

Director of International Center for Mathematical Modeling in Physics,
Engineering, Economy and Cognitive Sc.,
University of Vaxjo, Sweden