[Fis] Reply to Arne Kjellman: Objective and Peceptional Realities and probabilities

From: Andrei Khrennikov <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 08 Jun 2006 - 19:04:20 CEST

     Dear Arne,
I agree with some your ideas and disagree with others.

> In this ontological issue I fully support Andrei - and to my mind Ted
> is mi=
> staken because a separation between what is the contribution of an
> eventual=
> reality and the contribution of learned in theories of observation
> is in p=
> rinciple impossible. The reason for this is the (rarely recognised)
> limited=
> human capacity of perception, where evolution has favoured
> adaptiveness be=
> fore tha ability truthfulness of (re)presentation.
Andrei: I completely agree with this. So all our physical theories are
just approximations, but I still think (as Einstein did) that there is
real-reality beyond our observations (so Moon exists even when nobody
looks at it).

Yes our perceptions and feeling play the crucial role in that picture of
reality that we created. But here created has the meaning that we just
extracted a part of reality that could be represented by our
perceptions. I agree that it is a very small part of reality, moreover,
our representation is very special and it depends on models. We create
MODELS, but these are models of real-reality.

Information is information about reality. Nowdays in QI community is
extremely popular Fuchsian (named to my friend Chris Fuchs from Bell
Lab) interpretation of QM: wave function is just information
representation of our believes about physical systems. Quantum
probabilities are subjective probabilities. I think that such
interpretation is the most close to yours.

Such picture is not acceptable for me, two days ago we had the great
battle during the round table of the conference \"Foundations of
Probability and Physics-4\" in Vaxjo with Chris. But I need objective
probabilities and hence information. For the creator of teh frequency
probability theory Richard von Mises, probabilities for coin trials were
as real as e.g. the mass of this coin.
All the best, Andrei

href=3D\"\">http://www.dsv.su.se/~kjellman/</A>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
> bsp;</DEFANGED_DIV></FONT></DEFANGED_DIV></BODY></HTML>
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C68B0C.8502F5F0--

With Best Regards,

Andrei Khrennikov

Director of International Center for Mathematical Modeling in Physics,
Engineering, Economy and Cognitive Sc.,
University of Vaxjo, Sweden