Re: [Fis] Bell\\\'s inequality: Can we find its classical analogue? Classical and Quantum waves

From: Koichiro Matsuno <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 09 Jun 2006 - 09:42:55 CEST

Folks,

   Just for the sake of balance, let me refer to one school of thought which
has been quite under-represented so far. That is the probabilistic
interpretation and formulation of QM grounded upon chance events instead of
ignorance on the part of the observer. An example is a photographic emulsion
consisting of grains of silver halide suspended in gelatin. When a photon
hits a grain in the emulsion, an electron-hole pair is generated in gelatin.
This is equivalent to an enormous localization of the incident photon. When
the incident photon is thought to be a plane wave as is most often the case,
the wave front can be extended even towards an infinity in the configuration
space as carrying a fixed momentum. The photon hitting the emulsion comes to
break momentum conservation. This process, although certainly sound and
physical, does not follow the Schroedinger equation of motion because in the
latter, momentum conservation is strictly observed. Such spontaneous
localization is both objective and stochastic.

   Of course, the probability upon ignorance is quite useful from the
engineering perspective since the extent of being ignorant can easily be
manupilated at will externally. From the internalist perspective as Aleks
refers to, on the other hand, the origin of chances resides in the objective
transition from the progressive to the perfect tense as Loet may have
concerned himself with.

   Cheers,
   Koichiro