Re: [Fis] Probability in QI

From: Steven Ericsson Zenith <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 14 Jun 2006 - 22:53:16 CEST

Dear Andrei,

I realize that much of my thinking in my previous comments is "thinking
out loud" as I work through the arguments that you have made - I assume
what I have said is essentially in accord with your position.

The randomness question appears, then, to be a red-herring - and
randomness arising from entropy at classical levels lies on a continuum
of randomness by natural constraint. That is, the two forms of
randomness are directly related and classical levels simply exist under
more complex constraints. By such a model the behavior of a ball is in
accord with the behavior of an electron. The entropy of ensembles
simply is then founded on the complex constraint case of many
independent parallel events.

Your observation is that "The irreducible quantum randomness in
experimental framework is always exhibited through the ensemble
randomness." I take this to mean that you acknowledge that the above
continuum exists.

You acknowledge also what I have said below when you said "The problem
with the classical probabilistic description arises when we combine the
statistical data from a few different experimental arrangements." And
you referenced EPR.

So relations between probability measures are indeed the issue. However,
I need to clarify what exactly you mean by "CONTEXTUAL PROBABILITIES"

Your reference (http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0307201) describes
using quantum-like statistical models to describe mental states. The
paper attempts to show that these relations are present in a simple
experimental measure of cognition. But it is not clear to me, at least
not yet, how this is comparable to testing a physical quantum system of
particles.

With respect,
Steven