Re: [Fis] Limited info

From: Pedro Marijuan <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 16 Jun 2006 - 14:52:28 CEST

Dear Hans and colleagues,

Thank you for the seminal insights. In my view, genuine informational
entities (living beings, nervous systems, social entities, enterprises, the
observing scientist, etc.) are involved in germane problems on how to
optimize their very limited resources concerning an open-ended realm of
interactions... "limited information" appears as an overarching notion
concerning both the animate and the inanimate. It may recapitulate in bits
the mechanical principle of "minimal action" in nature's evolution.

Concerning the second point (below), I would distinguish between the
capability to store just one bit into that Planck's scale, and the
processing capability of that very bit. We may take an image from string
theorists: that an elementary granularity of spacetime could be represented
under the guise of a manifold called Calabi-Yau space, with 9 dimensions,
three of them allowing adjacency relationships (so we would have capability
for info circulation, "distinction on the adjacent"), while the other 6
would be curled and uncommunicated. Apart from physical theoretical
reasons, maybe all that complexity in the elementary granularity would be
needed to locate therein both the "bit" and the further algorithms of
nature's laws for info processing (right within the curled up dimensions?).
Sorry that I return to that point of law physicality, but in our
informational perspective ontological conditions would be different than in
orthodox QM... Anyhow, along this scheme, it also looks cogent that when
space-time fall into the conditions of black wholes, all possibilities of
adjacency disappear, and no info can be contained or circulated in the now
isolated manifolds--except at the limiting overall surface of the region.

Thanking the patience!

Pedro