Re: [Fis] Re: Concluding reply: social construction of human knowledge

From: Arne Kjellman <[email protected]>
Date: Sun 01 Oct 2006 - 21:21:45 CEST

FIS colleagues::

>Dear Andrei and ,

>Your expression, days ago, about "information transformers" is very
>suggestive in the sense that it highlights far better than other terms
>(e.g., proposed by complexity theoreticians: "information gatherers" &
>"information users") what happens, say, to an informational entity coupled
>to its open-ended environment.

AAAAA: Agree - however I am still annoyed with the term "transformation"
that suggests that information is present as parts or entities of our
environment and are "transformed" by human perception. I maintain that
information (or digits) rises only in a personal awareness as a result of
acts of personal mental processing. Information (as reality) is constructed
in a mind - not mediated between two diffrent domains. The SOA claims there
is just one domain - a domain of experience. The dualists basic suggestion
of two domain is deeply misleading to my mind.

Thank you for very interesting discussions - I now know much more about
realists and realism - but I do not share these ideas.

Arne