[FIS] The ****-filter

From: Arne Kjellman <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 16 Nov 2006 - 10:58:31 CET

Dear FIS-ers,

Recently I by accident posted a message regarding the ****-filter ( I think you can guess the letter to substituted for the *'s) that is in need of further explication.
The reason behind is that I have very often been unable to post a message on the FIS-list ... and for that sake I have asked Pedro to do this on my behalf. However this doesn't seem to work well and I also recognise this situation is untenable when too many find a reason to do the same.. Neither can I figure out how this annoying ****-filter works and therefore I as a potential participant need instructions how to write to avoid rejection by the filter. A normal usage of English isn't enough appearently. It also seems a message that is rejected coming from one sender is accepted when someone else forwards it ??? and this is bewildering.
This is the state of affairs that is unacceptable - and make me lose confidence in these discussions. However this is only my personal experience and I need your experience and feedback on the present situation - because I have seen the signs and therefore guess a lot of potential participants think about avoiding the FIS-list for the reasons mentioned.

Best Arne

Arne Kjellman PhD

Dept. of Computer and Systems Sciences
Stockholm University and KTH