Re: [Fis] Re: Continuing Discussion of Social and Cultural Complexity

From: Steven Ericsson-Zenith <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 02 Feb 2007 - 15:53:44 CET

On Feb 2, 2007, at 5:07 AM, Igor Matutinovic (by way of Pedro
Marijuan <marijuan@unizar.es>) wrote:

> Considering that we necessarily operate under certain genetic
> constraints, are there (absolute) upper limits to our ability to
> manage social complexity?

By "genetic constraints" I assume you simply mean that we have
certain capacities and are not omnipotent. Is not conflict and war an
indicator of our individual failure to manage social complexity? Or
would you argue that war is social complexity management?

With respect,
Steven

--
Dr. Steven Ericsson-Zenith
Institute for Advanced Science & Engineering