RE: [Fis] Continuing Discussion of Social and Cultural Complexity

From: Pedro Marijuan <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 02 Mar 2007 - 14:53:52 CET

Thanks, Stan and others.

Very briefly, I was thinking on the economy (together with most of social
structure) as the "arrows" or bonds that connect the "nodes" of
individuals. Take away the arrows, the bonds, and you are left with a mere
swarm of structureless, gregarious individuals. Change the type of
connectivity, you get markets, planned economies, mixed ones, etc. Thus,
very roughly, in the evolution of social bonds I see a trend toward more
complex and info-entropic social structures: far less strong bonds, far
more weak bonds. Curiously, these complex societies also devour far more
energy and produce far more physical entropy (both types of entropies seem
to go hand with hand)... Well, and what are finally those social "bonds"
but information?

best regards

Pedro

PS. I would not quite agree with Pattee's view of constraints...