Re: [Fis] Continuing Discussion of Social and Cultural Complexity

From: karl javorszky <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 08 Mar 2007 - 21:01:21 CET

Igor's is indeed an important point:
"initially there was no diversity at all, than it increased discontinuously
in evolutionary time"
if we think the Big Bang to be one,undifferentiated clump of matter which
got differentiated and ever more complex, we make us a wishful picture. The
negation was always there, together with the assertion. The realised
variants were quite simple and uniform, the non-realised alternatives were
manifold and complex. Let me bring this into perspective with natural
numbers:
irrespective of which order we regard the additions, the cuts are there at
the same time as the whole. Before we do anything, we have to visualise an
extent. With the extent we should visualise that it is a heap of
alternatives, too. The cuts are there at the same time with the continuity,
they do not get evolved. We make a time-based sequence: first we wish the
cuts away and then we reimagine them along with the stuff. But they were
always there, neither our wishing them away not us wishing them back alters
their existence.
Maybe they were not actualised, but the whole of the set contains both its
assertions and the negations thereof, too.
This is not a religious belief, so I may drop this point, but in my feeling
it is more symmetrical to think that the negation comes with the assertion
and does not evolve therefrom. Alltogether they are part and parcel, like
packaging and content. Which parts of the packaging are not useful and get
discarded is another point. Maybe you refer to that.
Karl